Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Top 25 Greasiest Spins of 2012!!!

Having survived the Mayan apocalypse I figured I should make the most of all of this extra time I now have and had not prepared for. What better place to start, then with a big ol' end of the year Best of 2012 list?! That's right, instead of devoting my time and resources to charity work I've been scratching my noggin over my favorite releases of the past year. Lo and behold there were even a few surprises. I was certain Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen would have made the cut, but here we are in this brave new world where (at least my) expectations have been shattered. Anyway, here are my favorite spins of 2012. I probably could have done a Top 50 there were so many good records this year (most of them released by Ty Segall!) but I had X-mas gifts to unwrap.

Feel free to post your own list in the comment field. Or tell me where I am so, so wrong and my taste is completely faulty. I will also be posting some other lists here from shop folks and customers so keep checkin' in!

1. Grimes – Visions
2. Dirty Projectors – Swing Lo Magellan 
3. The Walkmen – Heaven
4. Frank Ocean – Channel Orange
5. Father John Misty – Fear Fun
6. Karl Hendricks Trio – The Adult Section
7. Grizzly Bear – Shields
8. Lee Fields & The Expressions – Faithful Man
9. Beach House – Bloom
10. Cloud Nothings – Attack on Memory
11. Lambchop – Mr. M
12. Ty Segall – Twins
13. Meeting of Important People – My Ears Are Having a Heart Attack
14. Fiona Apple – The Idler Wheel..
15. The Men – Open Your Heart
16. Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m. A. A. d. City
17. Japandroids – Celebration Rock
18. Rush – Clockwork Angels
19. Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter – Marble Son
20. Simon Joyner – Ghosts
21. Sharon Van Etten - Tramp
22. Julia Holter - Ekstasis
23. Neil Young & Crazy Horse – Psychedelic Pill
24.Tame Impala - Lonerism
25. Scott Walker – Bish Bosch 

No comments:

Post a Comment